We're thrilled that you want to join our team! If you're a passionate & dedicated individual that loves dogs and cats, PAWS Atlanta may be the place for you! Please note, we are a small team, so a positive, "help each other" work ethic is a must. PAWS Atlanta offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s race, color, creed, sex or age.
Animal Care Specialist – Full Time
Are you ready to join a great team? If you are a reliable, dependable individual that genuinely cares about the PAWS Atlanta mission, this may be the job for you!
This position will be responsible for the daily care of the animals and maintaining the standards of the environment in which the animals reside. This individual will abide by the humane philosophy and values of PAWS Atlanta in terms of the treatment and care that we intentionally provide to all of our animals.
Some of the duties may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Exercise the animals, as needed
- Check on the overall health and well being of the animals and report any concerns, as needed
- Prepare and clean indoor and outdoor dog areas
- Prepare and clean cat areas
- Disinfect according to the shelter protocols
- Feed the animals, as per their schedule and diet restrictions
This position will be required to work 40 hours a week. A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, vision and prescription are included with this position. Paid vacation is also included.
If interested, please complete the employee application and send to: email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Part Time Shelter Veterinarian
Scope of Position: To perform and oversee all veterinary services for PAWS shelter pets
Maximize the use of clinic resources to ensure animal resident health. To provide medical care as well as humane care and treatment to all animals in accordance with the policies and procedures established by PAWS Atlanta.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work collaboratively with other Directors, Managers and Staff.
2. Diagnose and treat medical conditions in all PAWS animals. Follow progress of all patients placed on treatment, keeping records of all treatments and final outcomes
3. Direct, conduct and evaluate treatment plans, disease control measures, and hands-on medical treatment and progress of animals housed at the shelter including but not limited to:
a. vaccination protocols
b. nutrition and feeding protocols
c. parasite control measures
d. housing and sanitation
e. treatment protocols for routine infectious diseases
f. preventative medicine procedures
g. emergency evaluation, treatment and procedures
h. Create, implement and measure compliance with procedures and protocols to ensure continued health.
i. Develop, conduct and monitor medical program protocols and procedures.
j. Direct and conduct spay / neuter, vaccination and dental program. Supervise all aspects of the procedures including anesthesia and post-operative care of the patient.
k. Oversee the scheduling of outside veterinary resources for procedures not available at PAWS. The Veterinarian will decide what treatments or procedures are needed in coordination with other Managers as appropriate.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of veterinary medicine or equivalent.
2. Licensed to practice veterinary medicine in the state of Georgia.
4. Ability to conduct high quality surgical sterilizations in a fast paced environment.
5. Must have a valid driver’s license.
6. Acquire and possess a thorough understanding of and dedication to the philosophies ofanimal welfare and the humane treatment of animals.
If interested, please complete the employee application and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.