Thanks to our supporters, PAWS Atlanta has met the need of thousands of animals for 50+ years. A group of community volunteers founded our no-kill shelter in 1966, and that spirit of caring & commitment has continued to guide our work. There are many rewarding ways to become involved with our no-kill shelter.
Every day we rely on our dedicated volunteers to help fulfill our mission of building a community of caring by people helping pets and pets helping people.
As such, we strive to make your volunteer experience as rewarding as possible. Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
PAWS Atlanta always needs volunteers for the following activities:
- Walking and socializing dogs, including some basic training activities
- Working in the cat cottage, especially on Saturdays and Sundays
- Working at our vaccination clinics
- General landscaping
- Cleaning, organizing
- Clerical work
- Helping with fundraising events and activities
- Assisting with animal handing for the monthly Comcast Pets On-Demand taping
- Answering the phones and assisting with other Front Desk responsibilities
- Helping with marketing efforts through social media activities
- Assisting with events held throughout the community
How do I get started?
1.) Click here to complete the volunteer application.
2.) All prospective volunteers must attend a volunteer orientation. Orientations are held every Saturday from 10:30am - 11:30am. During the orientation, you will learn about PAWS Atlanta’s history and our policies and procedures and you will be given a tour of the facility. Registration for an orientation is required. After submitting the application, you will receive an email with instructions on how to register yourself for an upcoming orientation.
3.) After attending an orientation session, you will receive an email with instructions on how to schedule for future volunteer opportunities.
4.) Questions? Click here to email Harriet our Volunteer Coordinator.
Check out our NEW merchandise available at the front desk!