Unable to adopt right now? Please consider fostering.
Short-term fostering allows animal lovers to welcome dogs and cats into their home and provide socialization in a warm and friendly environment. A socialized pet naturally has a much greater chance of being adopted. Socialization activities may include: walking on a leash, mastering stairs, adjusting to schedules, and mingling politely with family, friends and neighbors.
The PAWS Atlanta Foster Care Program is also a lifeline for underage, sick or injured animals that may need a little extra time before being adopted. With the love and care of devoted foster parents, these helpless animals can thrive.
Any dog or cat that can spend time in a nurturing private home will free up a space for an additional animal to be brought into the shelter, ultimately saving two lives!
Plus, ALL necessities are provided and all medical costs are covered by PAWS Atlanta.
Foster Care Services and Functions
Qualifications to be a Foster Parent
- Love dogs and/or cats and PAWS Atlanta's mission
- Provide socialization and TLC to the animals in your care
- Bring animals back when scheduled, including for vaccinations
- Be willing to contact the PAWS Atlanta staff with any possible concern
- Be willing to separate foster animals from your own animals if needed
- Enjoy saving lives
If you are an animal lover interested in providing love, nourishment and heaps of TLC to cats and dogs in need of care in a warm home, contact our Foster Coordinator, Ellee at email@example.com or fill out an application.