We're thrilled that you want to join our team! If you're a passionate & dedicated individual that loves dogs and cats, PAWS Atlanta may be the place for you! Please note, we are a small team, so a positive, "help each other" work ethic is a must. PAWS Atlanta offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s race, color, creed, sex or age.
PAWS Atlanta is looking for a veterinary technician with experience in a surgical environment. The right candidate will be a self-starter who is able to work with limited supervision and communicate effectively with different members of the medical and management teams about the organization’s needs and procedures. We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented vet technician who is comfortable giving direction and taking on challenges in our exciting, fast-paced facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer medications and medical treatments as prescribed by veterinarian or veterinary protocols.
- Keep management updated on all animals health status and wellbeing. Monitoring health and wellbeing of all shelter animals.
- Check-in public animals for scheduled surgery and dental exams/cleaning. Sterilize surgical instruments and make surgery packs.
- Prepare animals for surgery, monitor anesthesia and vital signs.
- Monitor animals in post op Assist with outpatient clinic and surgery as assigned. See pet owners that do not require doctor.
- Assist with time management in surgery.
- Supervise animal diets (measuring and special needs)
- Fill prescriptions for doctor.
- Must be able and ready to handle animal and medical emergencies.
- Request vet assistance/orders by phone as needed when no vet is present.
- Keep animals on schedule for boostering, retesting and surgery
- Maintain inventory of all medications and vaccines.
- Check voicemail and email daily
- Triage phone calls/emails providing appropriate medical advice.
- Keep excellent records and ensure that all appropriate information is charted properly and timely.
- Order all medical and pharmaceutical supplies.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Follow all shelter guidelines.
- Perform any other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of veterinary assistant experience.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 75lbs, with reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to restrain and handle large animals.
Additional Salary Information: Salary is commensurate with experience. Outstanding benefit package is included (including medical, dental, prescription, vision and life insurance, paid vacation and personal days.)
If interested, please complete the employment application and send to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Animal Care Specialist – Part Time
Are you ready to join a great team? If you are a reliable, dependable individual that genuinely cares about the PAWS Atlanta mission, this may be the job for you!
This position will be responsible for the daily care of the animals and maintaining the standards of the environment in which the animals reside. This individual will abide by the humane philosophy and values of PAWS Atlanta in terms of the treatment and care that we intentionally provide to all of our animals.
Some of the duties may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Exercise the animals, as needed
- Check on the overall health and well being of the animals and report any concerns, as needed
- Prepare and clean indoor and outdoor dog areas
- Prepare and clean cat areas
- Disinfect according to the shelter protocols
- Feed the animals, as per their schedule and diet restrictions
If interested, please complete the employment application and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.