During the COVID-19 pandemic
In addition to keeping yourself safe and healthy, we advise anyone with a pet that their preparedness plan should include provisions for their pets, including:
• Identify a family member or friend who can care for pets if someone in their household becomes ill.
• Have crates, food, and extra supplies on hand for quick movement of pets.
• Keep all animal vaccines up to date in the event boarding becomes necessary.
• Ensure all medications are documented with dosages and administering directions.
• Ensure pets have identification (a collar with ID tag and/or a microchip).