Our mission at PAWS Atlanta is to help pets and people. We are a passionate team of animal lovers who have dedicated our time and energy to rescuing homeless pets. Our team is made up of Animal Care Specialists, Adoption Counselors, Veterinary Assistants, Administrative Employees, and a Veterinarian, and we are all determined to make our community a safer and better place for everyone living in it, including the cats and dogs.
PAWS Atlanta offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees 18 and older without regard to an individual’s race, color, creed, sex or age.
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Short and Long-term disability
- Paid Time Off
Veterinary Assistant - Full Time
- Assist the veterinarian with patient exams, vaccine administration, and surgery.
- Assist with, and perform, temperament testing and basic medical exams on any potential owner surrendered animals. In the absence of an onsite veterinarian, you will be responsible for offering recommendations regarding the intake of owner surrendered animals based on your medical and behavioral assessment.
- Accurately prepare and perform basic in-house laboratory tests including fecal parasite testing, skin scrapes, ear mite exam, urine specific gravity, DipQuick slide staining, blood PCV/TS, and glucose testing using a glucometer.
- Proficient in the ability to draw blood for testing and place IV catheters.
- Ensure all outside laboratory specimens are properly collected, stored, and shipped in the appropriate time frame for all necessary testing.
- Perform daily medical walk-through exams in ALL areas of the shelter. Discuss any noted concerns with the shelter veterinarian.
- Assist the shelter veterinarian with planning and execution of additional medical procedures needed by animals: mass removals, dental cleaning/extractions, biopsies, etc.
- Communicate directly with the Shelter Manager and front desk staff about any movement of animals from intake areas to the adoption floor or isolation.
- Minimum of two years working experience as a Veterinarian Assistant. Shelter and high-volume, high-quality veterinary and/or spay-neuter clinic experience are preferred.
- Ability to make difficult decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
Please email your cover letter and resume to our Chief Veterinarian and Medical Director, Dr. Erica Noltemeyer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer and Database Coordinator
- Send acknowledgment letters and emails for cultivation and tax purposes within 72 hours of receipt of each donation.
- Manage Amazon Wish Lists, creating new lists as needed
- Monitor and update credit card information for monthly donors as needed
- Identify first-time and major donors through database research. Send contact information and appropriate background information to Executive Director for cultivation purposes.
- Collaborate with Salesforce volunteer on updates and donation uploads
- Upload, maintain, and clean data in Salesforce, Constant Contact, and Better Impact
- Pull and clean lists for appeals, events, and campaigns
- Reconcile Salesforce and QuickBooks with Controller quarterly
- Create and execute overall volunteer recruiting and cultivation strategy
- Coordinate weekly volunteer orientations, leading one-on-one sessions as needed
- Maintain volunteer database and records in Better Impact and Salesforce, uploading information monthly
- Recruit and train needed volunteers for orientation, campaign phone trees, Fox 5 Pet of the Day, Vaccine Clinics, Puppy Therapy sessions, Walk for the PAWS, Party for the PAWS, and other events as needed.
- Cultivate volunteer relationships and resolve volunteer issues as they arise
- Conduct quarterly volunteer surveys, analyze results, and build plans to address problem areas and improve satisfaction as needed
- Provide required information for Communications and Campaign Manager to promote volunteer program
- Plan and execute (in collaboration with the Fundraising and Events Coordinator) the annual volunteer recognition event and day of service
- Organize, execute, and track volunteer and training programs, reporting metrics, and adjusting as needed, including: Dates with dogs, Wags N’ Walks, Dogs 101, Matchmaking 101, and future programs.
- Schedule and communicate with volunteer groups, facilitating group projects when needed
- Coordinate annual Board/Advisory Council volunteer day (in collaboration with the Facilities Manager and Fundraising and Events Coordinator)
- Coordinate corporate groups for quarterly Big Give Pet Food Drives
- Create an annual volunteer budget (in collaboration with the Director of Development)
- Manage the approved budget
- Commitment to PAWS Atlanta’s mission
- Positive attitude, team player, self-starter
- Strong oral and written communication skills, which includes the ability to read, write, speak, spell, and understand English at a level commensurate with professional job performance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and social media platforms
- 21 years or older
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- Valid driver's license with a good driving history
- Ability to handle dogs weighing 50+ lbs.
Please email your cover letter and resume to our Director of Development, Suzie Sloan, at email@example.com.