Unable to adopt? Consider fostering!
Short-term fostering allows animal lovers to welcome dogs and cats into their home and provide socialization in a warm and friendly environment. A socialized pet naturally has a much greater chance of being adopted. Socialization activities may include: walking on a leash, mastering stairs, adjusting to schedules, and mingling politely with humans.
The PAWS Atlanta Foster Care Program is also a lifeline for young, sick, or injured animals that may need a little extra time before being adopted. With the love and care of devoted foster parents, these animals can thrive.
Any time an animal can be placed in a nurturing home, this frees up a space for an additional animal to be brought into the shelter, ultimately saving two lives! All foster animals have the goal of being adopted into a forever home eventually; therefore, we do not offer any long-term or permanent foster programs.
*ALL supplies (bowls, bedding, crates, toys etc.) are provided and all medical costs are covered by PAWS Atlanta!*
Qualifications to be a Foster Parent
- Love dogs and/or cats and PAWS Atlanta's mission
- Provide socialization and love to the animals in your care
- Bring animals to PAWS Atlanta when scheduled, including for vaccinations
- Contact the PAWS Atlanta staff with any concerns
- Separate foster animals from your own animals if needed
- Share our commitment to finding forever homes for each foster animal
If you are an animal lover interested in providing love, nourishment, and heaps of TLC to cats and dogs in need, please submit a foster application through the button at the top of the page. Our staff will reach out to set up your virtual home inspection and appointment. If you have any questions, reach out to Foster Coordinator, Christa.