Typical group volunteer tasks:
- Walking and socializing dogs
- Entertaining and socializing cats
- Spreading mulch on our dog walking trail
- Helping with small building projects
- Sorting animal crates, food, leashes and toys.
- Volunteers are required to adhere to our COVID-19 guidelines while on-site. More information is included in our updated COVID-19 protocol.
- All volunteers in the group must be over the age of 18.
- For the most meaningful volunteer experience, groups are limited to 15 people.
- We ask for a donation fee of $250 to help us continue to care for our shelter pets until they find loving homes. You can make this donation for your group opportunity here.
- All projects last two hours. Your group can choose a morning or afternoon shift Wednesday through Sunday based on availability.
- Don't forget to wear close-toed shoes and clothes that are okay to get dirty.
- Most, if not all, volunteer work is done outside and will need to be rescheduled in the event of inclement weather.
- Carpooling is encouraged as parking is limited.
- All volunteer work will be done on-site at PAWS Atlanta: 5287 Covington Highway, Decatur, Georgia 30035
We had such a great time yesterday, and can’t wait to come back and volunteer!...Appreciate all you do for animals in need.